Caramelised Banana Cheesecake
- Ready-Bake 90mm Butter Shortbread Shell
- Cream cheese 190gm
- Sugar 80gm
- Egg yolk 2
- Egg white 2
- Gelatine powder 10 gm
- Water 30 ml
- Lemon juice and zest 1
- Whipped cream150 ml
- Cinnamon powder 5 gm
- Add cream cheese and ½ the sugar together and beat. Add yolks and beat until light.
- Soften gelatine with cold water for 5 mins then heat and add to lemon juice and zest.
- Add to cream cheese and fold to combine.
- Prepare a meringue to soft peaks with the egg white and the other ½ of the sugar.
- Fold in the whipped cream and then the meringue.
- Pour into a blind baked 90mm Butter Shortbread Shell and set in the fridge.
- Slice bananas and lay over the tart, cover with extra sugar and caramelize with a blow torch.