20 Ready Bake 75mm Shortbread Shells (SSS75)
- 1kg strawberries
- 250g oranges - segmented
- 120ml orange juice
- 120ml simple syrup (60ml water to 60ml sugar)
- A few sprigs of micro herbs or Julienned mint
Orange Custard Ingredients
- 500ml cream
- 500ml milk
- Zest of 2 large oranges (finely chopped)
- 400ml egg
- 250g caster sugar
- Pre-heat fan forced oven to 160°C.
- Place Shortbread Shells on baking tray to thaw to room temperature - approximately 30 minutes.
- Place thawed Shortbread Shells into pre-heated 160°C oven and bake for approximately 12-16 minutes, then set aside to cool.
- Reduce oven temperature to 135°C.
- Wash the strawberries then pat dry cut into quarters.
- Segment oranges.
- Mix orange juice and simple syrup and pour into sauce bottle.
- To make the orange custard - mix milk, cream, and orange zest in a pot and bring to the boil. In a separate bowl, mix the egg and sugar together. Whisk the hot milk into the eggs and sugar, then strain your custard mix.
- Pour the custard mix to half fill each of the pre-baked Shortbread Shells, then place in 135°C oven for approximately 15-20 minutes. Then set aside to cool.
- Once the shells and custard have cooled, decoratively place the strawberry quarters on top of the orange custard, then add a few orange segments.
- Drizzle orange syrup over the fruit then decorate with micro herbs or Julienned mint.
*Please note the above oven temperatures and baking times are a guide only.