Spicy Chicken Tart with Asparagus
Ready Bake 75mm Quiche Shell. Bake150°c for 16mins.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1kg chicken thigh fillets, trimmed and halved (quartered if extra large)
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garam masala (see note)
- 1/4 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1/3 cup thick natural yoghurt
- 1/2 cup thickened cream
- Heat oil and half the butter in a large, heavy-based saucepan over high heat. Cook chicken, in batches, until browned. Remove to a plate.
- Reduce heat to medium and add remaining butter. Add ginger and cook for 1 minute. Add coriander, cumin, garam masala and chilli powder and cook for 30 seconds. Add tomato puree and a pinch of salt and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Return chicken to saucepan with yoghurt and cream and reduce down to a thick sauce.
- Prepare 4 blind baked QSS 75 shell. Fill shells with spicy chicken and serve with poached asparagus and sprigs of fresh sage.
Recipe will fill approximately 4, 75mm Quiche pastry shells (QSS75).