Sweet Potato and Bresaola Quiche with 243mm Quiche Shells
- 2 Ready Bake 243mm family size quiche shells (QS243)
- 500g sweet potato
- 300g thinly sliced bresaola (air-dried beef)
- 200g shredded cheddar cheese
- 450g whole eggs (about 8 eggs)
- 550g thickened cream
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tsp cooking salt
- ½ tsp white pepper
- Pre heat fan-forced oven to 150°C.
- Place Quiche Shells onto a baking tray to thaw to room temperature – approximately 30 minutes.
- Place thawed shells into pre-heated 150°C oven and bake for approximately 15 minutes, then set aside to cool.
- Increase your oven temperature to 170°C.
- Place your thinly sliced bresaola on a greased baking tray and place in oven on 170°C for around 15 minutes or until the bresaola becomes crispy. Drain the cooked bresaola on a paper towel and once cool, place half the cooked bresaola in the base of the pre-baked Quiche Shell.
- Peel your sweet potato and slice thinly, then mix with the shredded cheddar cheese throughout your Quiche Shell.
- Place the eggs, honey, cream, salt and pepper in a plastic jug and blend with a bar mixer or whisk until combined.
- Pour the egg mix over the sweet potato and bresaola. Place the remaining cooked bresaola over the top of the filled quiche and place back in the oven for a further 30 minutes at 170°C.
- Cool down and slice as desired.
*Please note the above oven temperatures and baking times are a guide only.